Kryptonite Keeper 880 Chain & Padlock
Security chain and padlock for protection of bicycles in moderate crime areas.
Kryptonite's Keeper 880 chain lock keeps your favorite two-wheeled mode of transportation safely secured. For solid security in most areas, a 2.5-inch round padlock has an armor protected shackle and deadbolt locking mechanism, and eight-millimeter, four-sided, hardened links made from 3t manganese steel. A pass-through end link enables fast, easy padlock attachment, while a durable nylon cover protects from scratches. A patent-pending end link design secures the chain to the deadbolt, eliminating a critical vulnerability, and the lock's high security, disc-style cylinder is both pick and drill resistant. The chain measures 33.5 inches in length, with a 3.5-pound weight, and comes complete with two "I-style" keys.
Kryptonite products include a limited lifetime manufacturer's warranty against defects in materials and workmanship.
In the early 1970s, Michael Zane was a free-spirited, bearded kid with a VW van and an idea for a new kind of lock. He traveled thousands of miles, demonstrating his prototype U-shaped locking device and bringing his passion for bicycle security to bike dealers around the country. His fledgling company grew, and soon expanded its product line to include powersports, hardware, and snowsports security.
Through innovative product designs, marketing savvy, friendly customer service, and a genuine passion for security, Kryptonite's loyal following grew, thanks in part to the now legendary stories of leaving bicycles locked in New York City for days with a Kryptonite lock, without the bikes being stolen. During the fall of 2004, it was discovered that the industry-standard tubular cylinder, used in most brands of portable security products, could be compromised with a common household item. Kryptonite quickly responded, creating a voluntary lock exchange program and replacin over 400,000 locks in 21 countries for free. To do this, the company redesigned the equivalent of nine years' worth of new products in only ten months. Kryptonite is the only company in the world that offered such a comprehensive plan to customers.
- Chain lock keeps your favorite two-wheeled mode of transportation safely secured in moderate crime areas
- 2.5-inch round padlock has armor protected shackle and deadbolt locking mechanism; eight-millimeter, four-sided, hardened links made from 3t manganese steel
- Pass-through end link enables easy padlock attachment; durable nylon cover protects from scratches and patent-pending end link design secures chain to deadbolt
- Measures 33.5 inches in length with 3.5-pound weight; comes complete with two "I-style" keys
- Includes limited lifetime manufacturer's warranty
We Also Recommend